My workflow for Blurays has involved Macs for a long time.
I have a portable Bluray drive that I attach to an old MacBook, and I use makemkv to rip the main film to a mkv file, which I then transfer to my Linux desktop, where I process it. I've been doing it that way for quite some years. When I started this process, I don't think Linux handled Bluray, whereas Macs did.
Recently, I did a fresh install of Slackware on my Linux desktop and I noticed what I thought was Bluray support. And then I found that makemkv is available for Linux too, and even better, it's in sbopkg, and even better still, it downloaded and installed and actually worked. I used it to make mkvs from some DVDs.
This weekend, I attached the portable Bluray drive to my Linux desktop, inserted a Bluray and ran makemkv. And it just worked. It looks pretty much as it does on the Mac, and it sure works the same way.
Only thing was, it warned me that it was a beta version and I had 30 days and I needed to register and pay for a license. I dug out my old license key from 2013, entered it, and that was that. I was licensed. It works. It created mkvs of the Bluray titles. Even better, the mkvs include the Bluray subtitles, which can be used by Handbrake. This does everything I want.
Now my Bluray workflow does not involve the Macs at all. It will be a lot faster from now on.